A Blu-ray player is one of the most technical and expensive pieces of home theatre equipment. Because it is high-tech, you must regularly take the necessary precautions to keep it in proper working order. The lens is an essential component of your 4k blu-ray player. If this lens becomes scratched or dirty, you will be unable to watch movies or television shows for long before they become distorted. This blog post will teach you how to clean blu ray players and the best way to clean blu-ray lenses so that your viewing experience remains flawless!
Why do you need to clean the Blu-ray player?
Blu-ray players can become dusty over time, depending on their use. Blu-ray players are delicate pieces of hardware that require special care when cleaning. Dust can collect in the disc tray and between the loading gears. This dust will eventually cause the blu-ray player to be unable to focus or play discs. A dirty lens can also impair the performance of your Blu-ray player. This is why it is critical to clean them regularly before they become too dusty and require professional repair.
How do I clean my Blu-ray Player?
There are a few ways that you can clean your blu ray player.
How to clean the inside Blu Ray Player?
Use an Air Duster
If your Blu-ray player is highly dusty, you should clean it from the inside out to avoid damage. Taking apart your blu ray player is not recommended unless you know how to do so safely.
- Remove any discs from your Blu-ray player and unplug the power cord from the back of the machine to disassemble it.
- Next, remove the screws that hold the outer casing together and slowly disassemble it. Be patient when performing this step to avoid breaking any pieces or ripping anything inside the player, which will cause more problems in the future.
- After disassembling your blu-ray player, use an air duster to blow out any dirt and debris. When using this method, ensure you are at least 18 inches away from the machine, or you may cause more harm than benefit.
- If possible, use a vacuum to remove any excess dust particles.
- To avoid problems, make sure to tighten all of the screws securely when reassembling your blu-ray player.
How to clean the outside Blu Ray Player?
Use a soft cloth
- All you need is a soft cloth and some water to clean the outside of a Blu-ray player.
- Wipe down the entire surface of the player with the wet cloth. Make a point of cleaning around the buttons and other areas where dirt and dust can accumulate.
- If there are any smudges or fingerprints on the player, make some suds on a damp cloth with dishwashing liquid before wiping it down.
- This will aid in the removal of dirt that you cannot see with the naked eye. When finished, wipe down the surface with plain water to remove any soap residue that may have remained.
- If your player has a glossy finish, buff it with a dry cloth after washing. Otherwise, the water may leave spots on your blu-ray player that are difficult to see but still cause issues.
How to Clean the Lens on Blu Ray Player?
- Remove any discs from the player and turn them off before attempting to clean a blu ray lens. This will prevent damage while cleaning and severe injury if the disc is accidentally ejected during the cleaning process.
- Wipe away from the disc lens with a cotton swab or a soft cloth dampened with distilled water or rubbing alcohol.
- Using a cleaning solution may result in streaks and other adverse effects on your player’s performance.
- While wiping, check the spray to see if anything is dripping onto it. If this is the case, repeat these steps until no more dirt is removed from the disc tray/lens area.
- Test the player by inserting an old disc you don’t care about to see if it works again. It should now be much easier to watch!
What are the Bad Effects of not cleaning Blu Ray Lenses?
The presence of dust or dirt on your blu ray lens can impair the clarity of your movie viewing experience, so it’s critical to clean it regularly. Dust and dirt can become embedded in the lens, making it difficult to see the film. If you do not clean the disc tray or blu ray lens, dust particles that pass over the discs while they are being read can scratch or damage them.
How Do I prevent my Blu-Ray Player from getting dusty in the Future?
It’s a good idea to keep your blu ray player out of direct sunlight as much as possible to keep it clean. The heat emitted by the sun can become trapped inside your blu-ray player, causing it to overheat and malfunction. If you put it in a cabinet or another room, it will stay cool and work properly.