Table of Contents
Why do you need to clean the Blu-ray player?
Blu-ray players can become dusty over time, depending on their use. These delicate devices require special care when cleaning to prevent damage. Dust can collect in the disc tray and between the loading gears, causing the player to be unable to focus or play discs. A dirty lens can also impair the performance of your Blu-ray player. Therefore, it is critical to clean them regularly to prevent excessive dust buildup and the need for professional repair.
How do I clean my Blu-ray Player?
There are a few ways that you can clean your blu ray player.
How to clean the inside Blu Ray Player?
Use an Air Duster
If your Blu-ray player is highly dusty, you should clean it from the inside out to avoid damage. Taking apart your blu ray player is not recommended unless you know how to do so safely.
- Remove any discs from your Blu-ray player and unplug the power cord from the back of the machine to disassemble it.
- Next, remove the screws that hold the outer casing together and slowly disassemble it. Be patient when performing this step to avoid breaking any pieces or ripping anything inside the player, which will cause more problems in the future.
- After disassembling your blu-ray player, use an air duster to blow out any dirt and debris. When using this method, ensure you are at least 18 inches away from the machine, or you may cause more harm than benefit.
- If possible, use a vacuum to remove any excess dust particles.
- To avoid problems, make sure to tighten all of the screws securely when reassembling your blu-ray player.
How to clean the outside Blu Ray Player?
Use a soft cloth
- All you need is a soft cloth and some water to clean the outside of a Blu-ray player.
- Wipe down the entire surface of the player with the wet cloth. Make a point of cleaning around the buttons and other areas where dirt and dust can accumulate.
- If there are any smudges or fingerprints on the player, make some suds on a damp cloth with dishwashing liquid before wiping it down.
- This will aid in the removal of dirt that you cannot see with the naked eye. When finished, wipe down the surface with plain water to remove any soap residue that may have remained.
- If your player has a glossy finish, buff it with a dry cloth after washing. Otherwise, the water may leave spots on your blu-ray player that are difficult to see but still cause issues.
How to Clean the Lens on Blu Ray Player?
- Remove any discs from the player and turn them off before attempting to clean a blu ray lens. This will prevent damage while cleaning and severe injury if the disc is accidentally ejected during the cleaning process.
- Wipe away from the disc lens with a cotton swab or a soft cloth dampened with distilled water or rubbing alcohol.
- Using a cleaning solution may result in streaks and other adverse effects on your player’s performance.
- While wiping, check the spray to see if anything is dripping onto it. If this is the case, repeat these steps until no more dirt is removed from the disc tray/lens area.
- Test the player by inserting an old disc you don’t care about to see if it works again. It should now be much easier to watch!
What are the Bad Effects of not cleaning Blu Ray Lenses?
The presence of dust or dirt on your Blu-ray lens can impair the clarity of your viewing experience. Dust and dirt can become embedded in the lens, making it difficult to see the film clearly. If you do not clean the disc tray or Blu-ray lens, dust particles can pass over the discs while they are being read. This can scratch or damage the discs. Regular cleaning of the Blu-ray lens is important to ensure optimal viewing quality.
How Do I prevent my Blu-Ray Player from getting dusty in the Future?
To ensure that your Blu-ray player functions properly, it is important to keep it away from direct sunlight. Sunlight can cause the player to overheat and malfunction. To avoid this, keep the player in a cabinet or a room where it can remain cool.