With the 4K Dolby Atmos Blu-ray player, you can enjoy movies and series with crystal clear pictures and fantastic sound, almost like any cinema. So popcorn can never be too much. Besides, they can perfectly serve as music players for CDs and digital music files and do not rely on a high-speed internet connection.
For kids, this is a big plus since you can play it over and over again. You can also select deleted scenes, watch documentaries about how the film was made, and even hear the director’s comments.
Blu-ray players are back because they offer the most vivid picture on television with the latest technology. After all, these devices are cheaper than ever, so you can play and clean your old DVDs, CDs, or Blu-ray discs for oblivion.Quick Pick
Best Dolby Atmos Blu Ray Player
Well, we’ve created a list of the most reliable Blu-ray players for you to consider. As always, we consider variables such as value for money, features, and the pros/cons of the devices.
Sony UBP X800 – Best Blu Ray Player with Dolby Atmos
The UBP X800 is a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with one difference: it is both a universal disc audio player and a high-resolution audio player. Sony may be a bit late to the 4K Blu-ray party, but it’s worth expecting this triple threat, especially given its high-end performance and build quality.
Sony UBP X800, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, shows everything in a level of detail never seen before so that you can experience the action with incredible realism. It features HDR (High Dynamic Range) detail, which, combined with 4K clarity, animates HDR from hidden areas of varying brightness, hue, and color. This enormous color space offers saturated and more realistic colors like navy blues, natural greens, and vivid reds.
Although the sound is not lag, you can hear thunderbolts, sirens, blasts, and car horns ringing all around you thanks to Dolby Atmos and DTS: X, the audio codecs used with outstanding clarity in most theatres. Simultaneously, Atmos treats sounds as separate objects and frees them from the usual channels. DTS X can create an unlimited number of audio effects to fit your speakers in real-time, so you can enjoy the most impact possible while listening to a movie soundtrack.
- Support online streaming services include Amazon Video, Netflix, Wuaki Tv, BBC iPlayer, Demand 5, BBC
- News and Sport, YouTube, and Spotify Connect.
- The platform also supports Miracast screen mirroring from compatible smartphones.
- It allows all audio and video formats.
Sony UBP X700 – Best Cheapest Blu Ray Player
Second, on the list of the most popular Blu-ray players is the Sony UBPX800. The perfect player to complement your home theatre. The playback performance of the UBP-X800 exceeds that of a 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc. You can view, hear, and stream almost anything, including most high-definition video and audio formats and various streaming services. It also plays nearly all high-quality audio formats via USB or the Best WIFI Connection.
In terms of design, the X700 ranks between the high-end X800 models and compact HD models like the BDP-S3700. The UBP X700 has a two-colour surface but does not have a front screen, so you will only find the play and sub buttons. To the left of the front panel is a drop drawer that hides the disc mechanism.
What is most impressive is the number of applications included in the player. It may seem as strange as Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Spotify, and Fox News. It makes the user interface a bit more cluttered than Sony’s high-end players, but the design is still intuitive and easy to use.
- Connections are made via two HDMI ports, audio, video, and decoding audio from an AV receiver older than 4K.
- This 4k player also has a coaxial digital port and a USB port.
- HDR to SDR conversion is also enabled and is available when connecting a Blu-ray player to a display that does not support HDR.
- It is a complete and class-leading 4k player with support for CD, SACD, DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, Dolby Atmos, and Blu-ray Ultra HD.
Sony UBP X800M2 – Best Home Theater Blu ray Player
Sony UBP X800M2 is a 4K UHD Blu-ray player with high definition audio, excellent format compatibility, and 4K signal conversion. In essence, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray displays it all with unprecedented detail, so you can experience the action with incredible realism. Plus, you’ll be able to dig deeper with High Dynamic Range (HDR). Combined with 4K clarity, HDR brings out hidden areas in brightness, shadows, and color levels.
As if that weren’t enough, this model comes with sound that will take you elsewhere: Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Listen to how lightning strikes, roar the sirens and resonate with the horns of the cars around you with astonishing sharpness, thanks to Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the audio codecs used by most cinemas.
By the way, take advantage of every song. Like HD and 4K resolution, the high-definition audio recording quality is much higher than MP3 or CD so that you can hear every breath, re-edition, and tone. And among many other details, you can play videos via USB and your home network. This Blu-ray player supports popular video file types, so you can always watch your favorite movies.
- Two HDMI outputs can be used to split audio and video and send the pure signal to home display devices and AV amplifiers.
- It has an Ethernet port for a wired Internet connection, built-in WIFI, and access to the player’s built-in streaming service.
- The UBP-X800M2 has three primary video streaming services: YouTube, Netflix (with dedicated buttons on the remote), and Amazon Prime Video.
- The disc loads quickly, and the player responds to the buttons on the small hand remote without hesitation.
LG UBK90 – Best Ultra HD Blu Ray Player
Take home entertainment to the next level with the LG UBK90 4K Ultra HDR Dolby Vision Blu-ray player in Black. Change your perspective on how you want to watch entertainment with a truly immersive experience. From sound to picture, the LG UBK90 covers all the bases. Plus, it supports high-quality HDR and Dolby Vision, allowing realistic images and natural sound to capture how you see the entertainment the director wanted.
For its part, content created for dynamic high-definition, or HDR, can display an even more stunning image with bolder contrast and more vibrant colours. Besides, the LG UBK90 Blu-ray player supports Dolby Vision and HDR10.
Seamlessly connect to online services like YouTube, Netflix, and a wide range of premium 4K content. You can connect your Blu-ray player online and stream your favorite shows and movies seamlessly.
- LG UBK90 supports 2 HDMI ports: one for total bandwidth and one for audio.
- You can connect Ethernet using LAN Cable or have built-in WIFI.
- LG UBK90 supports all disc formats such as CD, DVD, Blu Ray, 3D Blu Ray, and UHD Blu-ray.
Panasonic DP UB820 – Best for Video Upscaling
A lightweight Blu-ray player with multiple specifications and video performance is essential thanks to Panasonic’s most advanced HCX2 video processor. The UB820 supports all DVD, Blu-ray, and UHD Blu-ray versions, including the latest movies encoded with dynamic metadata. The UB820 DP has good connections, including two HDMI outputs so that you can reproduce pictures and sound separately.
The UB820 is easy to use and starts immediately: it only takes one second to cover the disc in standby mode, and movies load quickly and efficiently.
HDR movies look too dark and lose a lot of detail when viewed on some projectors and televisions. It does need some compensation, and here is Panasonic with its advanced setup options. Panasonic supports Dolby Vision, which allows you to enjoy many movies supported by this format.
- HDR Optimizer analyzes the video content and automatically adjusts brightness and contrast.
- Video content can be manually adjusted to get maximum brightness.
- It plays all major HDR formats, including HDR10 & HDR10+.
- You can watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, and other streaming apps in 4K.
LG UBK80 – Best Budget Blu Ray Player
If you usually view content from multiple sources, take a closer look at the LG UP970. This mid-range player is as flexible and attractive as it can handle almost any audiovisual content you can consume.
In addition to Dolby Vision 4K HDR-compatible Blu-ray discs, this thin drive can play commercial DVDs, CDs, and all of the different disc-burning formats. Playback is also compatible with multiple regions. So, you should be able to manage DVDs and Blu-ray discs wherever you buy them.
However, the playback options don’t stop there. You can stream Netflix and YouTube, and select media from a USB stick or portable device, or over a local WiFi or physical network. More than a dozen different audio and video encoders are supported. There are multiple HDMI outputs, separate optical audio outputs, and a simple but effective remote control.
- The Blu-ray Disc player delivers the latest audio/video quality with stunning 4K images and next-generation audio.
- It upscales standard discs to 4K quality and upgrades your shows with different vibrant colors.
Finally, we could say that Blu-ray with Dolby Atmos is worth it from a pure image quality perspective. Having watched 4K HDR Blu-ray discs played on 4K HDR TVs, we can’t think of any other media for 4K content that delivers such high-quality results. Additionally, 4K discs played on 4K SDR TVs also offer 4K resolution and compression quality.