With the 4k Dolby Atmos Blu-ray player, you can enjoy movies and series with crystal clear pictures and fantastic sound, almost like in any cinema. So popcorn can never be too much. Besides, they can perfectly serve as music players for CDs and digital music files and do not rely on a high-speed internet connection.
If you have young children, it will be a blessing because you can play the disc repeatedly and select some specifics like deleted scenes, documentaries about how the film was made, and even comments from the director.
That is why Blu-ray players are back because they offer the best picture on television with the latest technology. After all, these devices are cheaper than ever, so you can play and clean your old DVDs, CDs, or Blu-ray discs for oblivion.
Best Dolby Atmos Blu Ray Player
Well, we’ve created a list of the best Blu-ray players for you to consider. As always, we consider variables such as value for money, features, and pros/cons of the devices. So, let’s get started:
Sony UBP X800 – Best Blu Ray Player with Dolby Atmos
UBP X800 is a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with one difference: it is also a universal disc audio player and high-resolution audio player. Sony may be a little late for the 4K Blu-ray party, but it’s worth expecting this triple threat, especially given its high-end performance and builds quality.
Sony UBP X800, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, shows everything in a level of detail never seen before so that you can experience the action with incredible realism. It features HDR (High Dynamic Range) detail, which, combined with 4K clarity, animates HDR from hidden areas of varying brightness, hue, and color. This enormous color space offers saturated and more realistic colors like navy blues, natural greens, and vivid reds.
Although the sound is not lagging: you can hear thunderbolts, sirens blasts, and car horns ringing all around you thanks to Dolby Atmos and DTS: X, the audio codecs used, with outstanding clarity in most theaters. Simultaneously, the Atmos treats sounds as separate objects and frees them from the usual channels. DTS: X can create an unlimited number of audio things to fit your speakers in real-time, so you can enjoy the most impact possible while listening to a movie soundtrack.
- Support online streaming services include Amazon Video, Netflix, Wuaki.tv, BBC iPlayer, Demand 5, BBC News and Sport, YouTube and Spotify Connect
- The platform also supports Miracast screen mirroring from compatible smartphones
- The images are surprisingly sharp, without undue artifacts or distractions. Color reproduction is accurate
- It allows all audio and video formats
Sony UBP X700 – Best Cheapest Blu Ray Player
Second, on the list of the best Blu-ray players is the Sony UBPX800. The perfect player to complement your home theater. The playback performance of the UBP-X800 exceeds a 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc. You can view, hear, and stream almost anything, including most high-definition video and audio formats and various streaming services. It also plays nearly all high-quality audio formats via USB or WIFI.
In terms of design, the X700 ranks between the high-end X800 models and compact HD models like the BDP-S3700. UBP X700 has a two-color surface but does not have a front screen, so you will only find the play and sub buttons. To the left of the front panel is a drop drawer that hides the disc mechanism.
What is most impressive is the number of applications included in the player. It may seem as strange as Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Spotify, and Fox News. It makes the user interface a little cluttered than Sony’s high-end players, but the design is still intuitive and easy to use.
- Connections are made via two HDMI ports, audio, video, and decoding audio from an AV receiver older than 4K.
- This 4k player also has a coaxial digital port and a USB port.
- HDR to SDR conversion is also enabled and is available when you connect a Blu-ray player to a display that does not support HDR.
- It is a very complete and class-leading 4k player with support for CD, SACD, DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, Dolby Atmos, and Blu-ray Ultra HD.
Sony UBP X800M2 – Best Home Theater Blu ray Player
Sony UBP X800M2 is a 4K UHD Blu-ray player with high definition audio, excellent format compatibility, and 4K signal conversion. In essence, the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray displays it all with an unprecedented level of detail, so you experience the action with incredible realism. Plus, you’ll be able to dig deeper with High Dynamic Range (HDR). Combined with 4K clarity, HDR brings out hidden areas with brightness, shadows, and color levels.
As if that weren’t enough, this model comes with a sound that will take you elsewhere: Dolby Atmos and DTS: X. Listen to how lightning strikes, roar the sirens and resonate with the horns of the cars around you with astonishing sharpness, thanks to Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the audio codecs used by most cinemas.
By the way, take advantage of every song. Like HD and 4K definition, the high-definition audio recording quality is much higher than MP3 or CD so that you can hear every breath, re-edition, and tone. Oh, and among many other details, you can play videos via USB and your home network. This Blu-ray player supports all popular video file types, so you can always watch your favorite movies.
- Two HDMI outputs can be used to split audio and video and send the purest signal to home display devices and AV amplifiers
- An Ethernet for wired Internet connection, built-in WIFI and access to the player’s built-in streaming service
- The UBP-X800M2 is equipped with three major video streaming services: YouTube, Netflix (with dedicated buttons on the remote) and Amazon Prime Video
- The disc loads quickly and the player responds to the buttons on the small hand remote without hesitation
LG UBK90 – Best Ultra HD Blu Ray Player
Take your home entertainment to the next level with the LG UBK90 4K Ultra HDR Dolby Vision Blu-Ray Player in Black. Change your perspective on how you want to watch entertainment with a truly immersive experience. From sound to picture, the LG UBK90 has all areas marked. Plus, it supports high-quality HDR and Dolby Vision, allowing realistic images and natural sound to capture the way you see entertainment that the director wanted.
For its part, content created for dynamic high-end, or HDR, can display an even more stunning image with bolder contrast and more vibrant colors. Besides, the LG UBK90 Blu-ray player supports Dolby Vision and HDR10.
Seamlessly connect to online services like YouTube, Netflix, and a wide range of premium 4K content. You can connect your Blu-Ray player online and stream all your favorite shows and movies seamlessly.
- LG UBK90 support 2 HDMI ports: One for full-bandwidth and other only for audio
- You can connect Ethernet using LAN Cable or have built-in WIFI
- LG UBK90 supports all dics formats such as CD, DVD, Blu Ray, 3D Blu ray, and UHD Blu-ray
Panasonic DP UB820 – Best for Video Upscaling
A lightweight Blu-ray player with multiple specifications and video performance is essential thanks to Panasonic’s most advanced HCX2 video processor. The UB820 supports all DVD, Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray versions, including the latest movies, which are encoded with dynamic metadata. The UB820 DP has good connections, including two HDMI outputs, so you can reproduce picture and sound separately.
The UB820 is easy to use and starts up right away: it only takes one second to cover the disc in standby mode and movies load quickly and efficiently.
HDR movies look too dark and lose a lot of detail when viewed with some projectors and televisions. It does need some compensation and here is Panasonic with its advanced setup options. Panasonic supports Dolby Vision which allows you to enjoy a growing number of movies that support this format.
- HDR Optimizer analyzes the video content and automatically adjusts brightness and contrast
- You can make manual fine-tuning to adjust your video content to the maximum brightness
- It plays all the major HDR formats, including HDR10 & HDR10+
- You can play Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, and other streaming apps all in 4K
LG UBK80 – Best Budget Blu Ray Player
If you usually view content from multiple sources, take a closer look at the LG UP970. This mid-range player is as flexible and attractive as it can handle almost any audiovisual content you can consume.
In addition to Dolby Vision 4K HDR-compatible Blu-ray discs, this thin drive can play commercial DVDs and CDs and all of the different disc burning formats. Playback is also compatible with multiple regions. So, you should be able to manage DVDs and Blu-Ray discs wherever you buy them.
However, the playback options don’t stop there. You can stream from Netflix and YouTube, select media from a USB stick or portable device, or over a local WiFi or physical network. More than a dozen different audio and video encodings are supported. There are multiple HDMI outputs and separate optical audio outputs, and a simple but effective remote control.
- The Blu-ray Disc player delivers the latest audio/video quality with stunning 4K image and next-generation audio.
- It upscales standard discs to 4K quality and upgrades your shows with different vibrant colors
LG UBKM9 – Best Multi Region
If you’re looking for something compelling blu-ray player, this LG model is a must-try. Among other details, it offers us a free region player. What does it mean? In principle, it is unlimited and allows playback of Region A, Region B, and Region C Blu-rays and standard DVDs from each region. All without forgetting to be equipped with Ultra HD 4K technology – HDR, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD master streaming audio, and even Netflix.
All this with 4K transmission, dual-band WiFi for seamless wireless communication. It can also use with wireless or wired internet. Additionally, it includes two HDMI outputs: sending audio to a home theater receiver and another for the direct video to your TV. This means you can still play audio through a receiver that does not have a free HDMI input that is HDCP 2.2 compatible. You can also use an optical digital connection to get surround sound from player to receiver.
- Support all kinds of discs such as: CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs and Ultra HD Blu-ray discs, as well as 3D and 4K discs
- Update low-resolution videos to 4K
- Allow you to connect HDMI and WIFI
Finally, we could say that Blu-ray with Dolby Atmos is worth it from a purely image quality-oriented perspective. Having watched 4K HDR Blu-ray discs played on 4K HDR TVs, we can’t think of any other media for 4K content that delivers such good results. In addition, even 4K discs played on 4K SDR TVs offer 4K resolution format and compression quality that, at least for now, leaves ultra HD SDR content streaming far below in terms of quality.